Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Screen printing

I found a tutorial on Facebook this week for screen printing, so I thought, why not give that a go! It uses hosery stretched over an embroidery hoop. The design is then traced on. You then use Modge Podge over the areas you DON'T want the colour. This was hard to visualise! I made a mistake with the eyes, but knew I could add them on. I found the owl on Google and decided to use this as my design.

Setting up the design was ok. I forgot to take a picture of the hoop before I used it, but here it is after i washed it. You can see where the paint went through. Here is the screen on the t-shirt, with the paint smeared over it with a flat piece of cardboard. I then carefully lifted it off to reveal the design. Without the eyes it looked a little concerning! I painted them on and touched up the design and voila! Screen printed owl. 



No comments:

Post a Comment